Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Puppets & Projects for 2011

We are almost half way into January 2011 and I am happy to report that the Wump Mucket Puppets are entering the new year with several exciting projects and upcoming performances.

The projects:

"The Legend of the Last Kelpie" puppet play is "stewing" in my brain a little longer. At first I envisioned this as one of my quick little shows for children, yet as I scrawled down ideas it is beginning to look like a much more involved production, and will take more time to write, build, and perform. To tease you a little, it's the story of a young girl growing up near the Atlantic Ocean at the beginning of the 20th century. The play will appeal to families, not just the tots.

"G'Wpunzel" will be the Wump Mucket spin on the Brothers Grimm tale "Rapunzel" featuring our resident orange alien puppet G'Wazzl G'Wook in the starring roll...wearing a purple wig.

WUMP MUCKET PUPPETS - The Comic Book! You read that correctly. I have sketched and rough drafted a mini-comic to sell at our shows in glorious black & white! Issue #1 tells the tale of how Cyril and Coleman first met.

Speaking of Coleman, his new fur arrived last week from California ,which makes sense since he's a Sasquatch. His rebuild should be ready for the Spring shows.

Spring shows? Yes, dear reader, SHOWS! I'll post the exact dates and venues as we get closer to that lovely season.

And on a more boring note, but cool for me, I have ordered business cards to help promote this little puppet troupe.

Photobucket

No comments: