Monday, August 08, 2005

Another Devil head picture

I sketched this more detailed picture of the devil head puppet on July 24th. It took me a little while to figure out how to post the photo on Blogger!

I plan to make the head around 10 inches tall with exaggerated features, such as one eyeball to be larger than the other. Why? Who knows, perhaps that's what I think a devil looks like in my mind's eye.

To the right of the head you can see the claw-like hands that I plan to add to the puppet. I will first sculpt the heads & hands out of modeling clay, next the sculpture will be covered in paper pulp mixed with glue...yum! We'll see how it goes.

In some puppet releated news, in my case anyway, the Cincinnati Public Library is offering a program called Comic Revolutions over the next three months. I have registered for the two workshops on comic book basics. I hope to learn a little more about scripting both puppet skits and comics from these FREE workshops. All in all it should be fun, and I get to see real live comic geeks!

Want to buy me an early birthday gift? Look no further, for here is a book that I would like to add to my collection: Puppetry: A World History by Eileen Blumenthal. I received a postcard from her publisher a few weeks ago and have yet to find it at the library. Maybe I will see a copy at work?

No comments: